Distance Learning Quiz Score Explanations
Are You Ready For Distance Learning
1. Distance Learning students sometimes neglect their course because or personal or professional circumstances. Having a compelling reason for taking the course helps motivate the student to stick with the course.
2. Some students prefer the independence of Distance Learning; others find the independence uncomfortable and miss being part of the classroom experience.
3. Distance Learning courses give students greater freedom of scheduling, but they can require more self-discipline than on-campus courses.
4. Some people learn best by interacting with other students and instructors. Others learn better by listening, reading, and reviewing on their own. Some Distance Learning courses provide less opportunity for group interaction than most on-campus courses.
5. Distance learning requires you to work from written discussions.
6. It may take as long as two to three weeks to get comments back from your instructor in a Distance Learning class.
7. Distance Learning requires at least as much time as on-campus courses. Students surveyed say that Distance Learning courses are as hard or harder than on-campus courses.
8. Most people who are successful with Distance Learning find it difficult to come on campus on a regular basis because of their work/family/personal schedules.
9. Print materials are the primary source of directions and information in Distance Learning courses.
10. Students who do well in Distance Learning courses are usually comfortable contacting the instructor as soon as they need help with the course.
This quiz was developed by the Northern Virginia Community College Extended Learning Institute.